* Vouchers & Packages cannot be redeemed for Myotherapy appointments
What can Myotherapy treat?
- Sporting and occupational injuries
- Postural issues
- Joint and vertebral dysfunction and pain
- Acute and chronic conditions affecting function and mobility
- Headaches and migraines
- Neck pain
- Overuse injuries – tendonitis, RSI, tennis/golfer’s elbow, carpal tunnel
- Back pain
- Shoulder pain- impingement syndrome, frozen shoulder
- Hand and finger pain or numbness
- Knee, leg, and foot pain- Plantar fasciitis, shin splints, knee pain, ankle sprains
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, Myofascial pain syndrome
- Pain and dysfunction associated with stress and tension
Techniques which may be used during a treatment.
- Remedial Massage
- Gentle joint mobilization
- Myofascial release
- Myofascial dry needling
- Exercise prescription
- Myofascial Cupping
- Taping / Strapping
- Heat/ cold therapy
Prior To Appointments
Prior to your appointment you will receive an online form to complete either by text or email, please keep an eye out for the form in your inbox or junk mail. Follow the link in the email or text and follow the prompts, you will be required to enter your mobile number and you will then be sent a code for security purposes, to enter the form, The form will then appear, please fill out all your details prior to the appointment. We do prefer you to complete this form prior to entering the clinic for your appointment, however if for any reasons you have trouble with the form online, please arrive 10mins prior to your scheduled appointment to fill the form out in the clinic on the iPad.
What to expect when you come for your treatment
When you arrive for your consultation, you will be required to complete an online form if you haven’t already completed it prior to attending, then the therapist will take you through to the treatment room and discuss your health history and your reasons for treatment. From here the therapist will complete an assessment including postural, functional movement and palpation to determine what areas require treatment. Please note that you may be required to remove some clothing for the assessment.
After the assessment the physical treatment will begin depending on the findings of the assessment multiple modalities may be used. Prior to the treatment the therapist will discuss treatment options and plans with you and then decide on the most appropriate treatment. During the treatment the therapist will discuss any relevant exercise prescription and take-home exercises with you.
Health Fund Claims Available
Clients can claim on the spot rebates with their private health funds (if covered for myotherapy) at the clinic. Most major health funds can claim via HICAPS, if for any reason it is unable to be processed via HICAPS you will be emailed or printed off a receipt to claim.
Ellina is a member of Massage & Myotherapy Australia